The content on this page is derived from upcoming media. Information may be inaccurate and subject to change.
He is a witch that resides in the town of Greendale, located on the opposite side of the Sweetwater River from Riverdale. Due to a binding spell, he's been trapped in Spellman Mortuary for 75 years.
Ambrose is Sabrina's "cousin" and a necromancer. He is witty, puckish, pan-sexual—and loves being a witch. Trapped in the funeral home due to a binding spell, Ambrose lives in the mortuary's attic and acts as one of Sabrina's partners in crime
Throughout Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Powers and Abilities
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina showrunner, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, wrote the role of Ambrose Spellman with Chance Perdomo in mind.
- In Archie Comics, Ambrose made his first appearance in #77 Sabrina the Teenage Witch series of 1971. In this iteration, Cousin Ambrose is a middle-aged, plump man with black hair and mustache, described as "Sabrina's warlock cousin who has an acute sense of fashion and showmanship – or at least thinks he does."
- Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa reimagined him as a much younger, witty and sinister character in the 2014 Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic series after he had been written off from the 90s sitcom. Without a sarcastic sidekick in the sitcom, that role shifted to Salem Saberhagen, Sabrina's familiar cat.
- In the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic series, Ambrose stated that he prefers the term "warlock" when Sabrina addressed him as "witch-boy" but in both series, he's still generally addressed to as a witch.
- See also: Category:Images of Ambrose Spellman