|“||I'm gonna get you out of here, I swear to God. I love you, Polly!||”|
|— Betty to Polly[src]|
The sister relationship between Betty and Polly Cooper is close. Who are the daughters of Hal and Alice Cooper, and are very close. After being separated by their parents for a long time, the two finally reunited after Betty and Jughead found out where Polly had been forcibly sent by her parents, which is where Betty discovered that her sister was pregnant with Jason's child.
During their childhood, Betty and Polly shared a close bond with one another that remained as they grew up. However, they were separated when, according to their parents, Polly suffered a breakdown due to the collapse of her relationship with Jason Blossom and was subsequently sent to a group home. Their parent then refused to tell Betty where her sister was, that she was too sick for visitors, and told Polly that Betty didn't want to see her.
Leaving for the Farm
At the Cooper house, Polly revealed first to Betty, then to their parents that she was leaving Riverdale to live at the Farm. She had already called to make sure they still had room for her. What Farm, their mother asked. Polly replied that it was the very same farm that she and Jason were going to run off to before he was killed. Before any rash decisions were made, Hal suggested that they all sit down and talk about Polly's sudden urge to leave. Polly explained that her need to evacuate stemmed from the Black Hood, who was targeting sinners. Betty did not believe that Polly is a sinner, but Polly countered that she was a mother that was carrying her cousin's babies, and decided that leaving Riverdale was the best way to avoid being targeted. Alice strongly objected to this, saying that Polly would leave Riverdale "Over my dead body" Polly replied "It might be over your dead body, but it certainly won't be over mine or my babies" She then left the room, and Hal followed her to try and talk her down.
The following night, with her bags packed and a cab just outside the house, Polly said goodbye to Betty. Apparently, Betty was the only member of the family she was extending this courtesy to as neither of their parents knew that she was leaving. Betty questioned if this was truly how Polly wanted to leave things with their parents, leaving for the Farm without saying goodbye. Betty insisted that their mother was sorry. She's always sorry, Polly explained. Right up until she does the next thing that sets everyone off. She insisted that she would be fine, before hugging her and promising to call once she is settled.
Polly briefly appeared in Betty's anxiety induced nightmare. She entered Betty's bedroom to wake her up from her sleep and tell her that Santa Claus was down stairs. Polly then joined their parents by the fireplace as Betty came down the steps. Moments later, Polly was dead, as were her mother and father. They had been murdered by the Black Hood who had disguised himself as Santa.
|“||At the home, the sisters said each of us had a guardian angel. And you're mine, Betty.||”|
|— Polly to Betty as they wait at Pop's for the Blossoms.[src]|
- Polly: "Betty, I've decided... I want you to be the baby's Godmother."
- Betty: "Really? Me?"
- Polly: "If anything would ever happen to me, the only person I'd trust to care of my baby is you."
- ―Polly asks Betty to be her child's Godmother[src]
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps
- ↑ Williams, Tessa Leigh & Zwart, Nicholas (writers) & Adelson, Steve (director) (March 2, 2017). "Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 6. The CW.
- ↑ Allen, Aaron (writer) & Anders, Allison (director) (March 9, 2017). "Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 7. The CW.
- ↑ Cohen, Julia (writer) & Katzenberg, David (director) (March 30, 2017). "Chapter Eight: The Outsiders". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 8. The CW.
- ↑ Maxwell, Ross (writer) & Sullivan, Kevin (director) (October 25, 2017). "Chapter Sixteen: The Watcher in the Woods". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 3. The CW.
- ↑ Boucher, Shepard (writer) & Seidenglanz, Rob (director) (December 13, 2017). "Chapter Twenty-Two: Silent Night, Deadly Night". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 9. The CW.