The Blossom Family is one of the founding families of Riverdale. They are the largest and oldest family in the town of Riverdale, after coming from an unknown location and settling in Riverdale to create what is now known as the Blossom Maple Farms.
The Blossoms are also related to the Cooper Family, as generations ago the family split in two after one Blossom brother murdered the other.
Nearly a hundred years ago, the Blossoms founded the Maple Syrup business in Riverdale, which resulted in almost instant success. However, the two Blossom brothers and their families fought one against the other, for their activity of Maple Syrup, this, brought a brother to kill the other. After the murder, one side of the family severed ties with the other and took on a new name - Cooper Family. They also told their children that the Coopers and Blossom were two separate families, with no relation to one another, choosing to conceal their family ties over telling them the truth.
Generations later, Polly Cooper and Jason Blossom, who were unaware that they were related, fell in love. Their relationship was frowned upon by their families, and each did everything they could to break the two up. However, Polly revealed to Jason and her family that she was pregnant. The two got engaged and planned to run away together, get married, and raise their children on a quiet farm far away from Riverdale. Their dream was quickly ended when Polly's parents, Alice and Hal, sent Polly to a group home known as the Sisters of Quiet Mercy. Polly's pregnancy was kept a secret from the Blossom's and the world.
On July 4th, the twins Jason and Cheryl Blossom went for a boat ride on Sweetwater River, that ended disastrously when the boat tipped over and Jason allegedly drowned fetching Cheryl's glove. It wasn't until months later that the truth was revealed when Kevin Keller and Moose Mason discovered Jason's body at Sweetwater River with a bullet in his head, revealing that he did not drown, but had actually been murdered.
After a long investigation, it was revealed that Jason's killer was none other than his own father, Cliff Blossom Another reason that Jason wanted to run away was because the Maple Syrup business was actually a front for drug business, which Clifford was participating in. Clifford killed Jason to prevent him from telling anyone. Upon being discovered, Clifford hung himself in the barn before he could be arrested. Cheryl, being increasingly traumatized after a failed suicide attempt, burned down the Blossom house the next day.
Family Members Edit
- Rose Blossom — Rose is presumably the eldest living Blossom. As stated by Cheryl, Rose has gypsy blood, and currently practices old gypsy myths. She also has dementia and lived at the Blossom house. She is the mother of Cliff Blossom and the grandmother to the twins Cheryl and Jason Blossom.
- Clifford Blossom — Clifford "Cliff" is the son of Rose Blossom and the previous owner of the Blossom Maple Farms. He grew up in Riverdale and married his high school girlfriend, Penelope Blossom. They had two children, the twins Cheryl and Jason. However, Cliff had begun to use the Blossom business as a front for his own agenda - smuggling drugs across borders. His son Jason discovered this, which resulted in Cliff murdering Jason to cover it up. After this was revealed, Cliff hung himself in the barn of the Blossom house.
- Penelope Blossom — Penelope is the wife of Clifford and the mother of Cheryl and Jason Blossom. She grew up in Riverdale and attended Riverdale High with Cliff Blossom. During this time, she dated Cliff, and the two eventually married and had two children together. She is also an owner of the Blossom Maple Farms.
- Cheryl Blossom — Cheryl is the teenaged daughter of Cliff and Penelope Blossom, and paternal twin of Jason Blossom. Cheryl was extremely close to Jason growing up, and they would have done anything for each other. Upon learning of Jason's relationship and later on his plans to run away with Polly Cooper, Cheryl planned to help him escape Riverdale and their family. The plan was to row across Sweetwater River on July 4th and drop Jason off at the other side, and afterward, Cheryl would tip the boat over and say that Jason fell into the water and drowned trying to fetch her glove. It wasn't until months later that she discovered that Jason had actually been murdered. Later, she would discover that her father, Cliff Blossom, murdered Jason. She currently attends Riverdale High School, where she is the most popular girl at school. She was also the captain of the River Vixens until she quit and handed the title to Veronica Lodge.
- Jason Blossom — Jason was the teenaged son of Cliff and Penelope Blossom, and the paternal twin to Cheryl Blossom. Jason was born and raised in Riverdale, where he attended Riverdale High School and was a member of the Riverdale Bulldogs until his death on July 11th. He is currently buried in the Blossom Cemetary behind the Blossom house. Jason was romantically involved with Polly Cooper, although his parents despised it. The two loved each other, and when Polly told Jason that she was pregnant he was thrilled. They even planned to run away together, get married, and raise their children somewhere far away from Riverdale. However, Jason needed money to do so, and went to the Southside Serpents to strike a dead; he would drive and deliver weed in exchange for money. Jason's sister Cheryl would row him across Sweetwater River and then claimed that he drowned. In the meantime, Jason would get into a getaway car and leave town with Polly. But, after the Serpents realized who Jason was, they kidnapped him before he could reach the car and planned to hold him for ransom. The plan changed drastically when Cliff Blossom arrived at the Whyte Wyrm and murdered Jason. His body was later dumped in Sweetwater River and discovered months later by Kevin Keller and Moose Mason.
- Jason and Polly's Unborn Twins — The children of third cousins Jason Blossom and Polly Cooper. They were conceived sometime before July 4th, and their current due date is unknown.
- Hal Cooper — Hal is a distant relative of the Blossom family and a member of the Cooper Family. He was born and raised in Riverdale and is the husband of Alice Cooper, as well as the father of Polly and Betty Cooper. He owns Riverdale's local newspaper The Register with wife, Alice.
- Alice Cooper — Alice is the wife of Hal Cooper and an in-law to the Blossom Family. She was born in Riverdale where she attended Riverdale High. She later married her high school boyfriend Hal, and the two had three children together - an unnamed son (who was given up for adoption), Polly Cooper, and Betty Cooper.
- Alice and Hal's Son — He is distantly related to the Blossom family via Hal Cooper. The unnamed member of the family is Hal and Alice Cooper's eldest son, conceived when they were still in High school. However, briefly, after his birth at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, he was quietly adopted by an unknown family.
- Polly Cooper — Polly is the daughter of Hal and Alice Cooper and the mother of her and Jason Blossom's unborn twins. Polly was in love with Jason and planned to run away with him. However, her parents intervened and sent her to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy instead, where they planned to give the babies up for adoption. Polly would later escape the Sisters and move back into her family home where she now plans to raise her children.
- Betty Cooper — Betty is the last-born child of Alice and Hal Cooper, and is related to the Blossom Family via her Great-Grandfather. She currently attends Riverdale High, where she is a River Vixen and runs the school newspaper.
Family Tree Edit
- The Blossoms are known for their red hair and having sets of twins.
- Pale skin, blue eyes, and red hair are the traits found in several members of the Blossom family.