- "Jason's murder had revealed some dark truths none of us were too eager to face, especially not Mayor McCoy, who wanted every last vestige of corruption crushed, like a snake under a boot heel."
- —Jughead Jones
SEASON FINALE – Archie and Veronica continue to grow closer. Betty is tired of her family acting as if nothing has happened and confronts her mother. Jughead finds himself in an unexpected situation, leaving Archie and the gang scrambling. Hermione makes Fred an offer that seems too good to be true. Meanwhile, the truth about Blossoms’ family business is revealed leaving Cheryl to take matters into her own hands.
- This episode is the season one finale of Riverdale.
- The title for this chapter is named after the 1997 film "The Sweet Hereafter", adapted from the Russell Banks novel of the same name.
- Alice Cooper joined Jughead in the opening narration.
- According to showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, KJ Apa broke his hand while filming the scene in which Archie repeatedly punches the ice, resulting in the cast that Archie is seen wearing throughout the rest of the episode.
- The CW released a deleted scene online that featured Ross Butler's final appearance.
- In a pop culture reference, Veronica possibly references the slogan of the first season of Heroes, saying: "To Archie Andrews, who saved the cheerleader and saved the town"
- It is shown at the end that the Southside Serpents have a pet dog named Hot Dog. In the comics Hotdog is Jughead's dog.