The Cooper Family is one of the founding families of Riverdale.
The Coopers are also related to the Blossom Family, as generations ago, the family split in two after one Blossom brother murdered the other, due to a disagreement in splitting the profits. After they severed all ties to the Blossom Family and changed their surname names to Cooper, for generations the two families have kept its history hidden and absolutely despised each other.
The original family known as the Blossom's arrived in Riverdale nearly a hundred years ago, where they founded their lucrative maple syrup business. However, there was in-fighting in the company that resulted in one Blossom murdering his own brother. Afterward, the family split in two, and one-half severed all ties to the other and took a new name - Cooper.
Hal and Alice's oldest daughter, Polly Cooper, fell in love with Jason Blossom, as the two were unaware they were third cousins. Their relationship was frowned upon by their respective families, and each did everything they could to break the two up. However, Polly revealed to Jason and her family that she was pregnant. Hal originally wanted Polly to have an abortion, as he knew the babies were the result of an incestuous relationship. Polly refused, which resulted in Hal and Alice sending Polly to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, where Polly would put the babies up for adoption after the birth. Polly's pregnancy was originally kept a secret from the Blossoms and the world until recently when it was revealed by the Cooper family in an effort to convince the town that Polly didn't kill Jason. With the family unaware that they were related to the Blossom Family, Hal eventually had to reveal to his family with their past history between both families shared.
Family Members Edit
Nuclear Family Edit
- Louis Cooper -— He was the father of Hal and related to the Blossom Family via his father whom his uncle murdered causing Louis or his mother to rename themselves The Coopers. However he seemed to be close to Rose Blossom by her recall despite her own father murdering his own. He took part in a murdering a innocent man upon being presumed guilty by a survivor of a mass murderer. Prior to the series he died so his son's immediate family cleaned out his house and donate stuff to charity, but kept the photos as a keepsake.
- Hal Cooper — Hal is the husband of Alice Cooper, and a distant relative to the Blossom family, via his great-grandfather. He was born and raised in Riverdale, where he attended Riverdale High with Alice Cooper. The two dated throughout High School and had an unexpected child together. Hal wanted to abort the baby, but he was later given up for adoption instead. Years later, he married Alice and had two daughters, Polly and Betty. He currently owns the local newspaper, The Register, alongside his wife.
- Alice Cooper — Alice is the wife Hal Cooper. She was born and raised in Riverdale, where she attended Riverdale High alongside Hal Cooper. The two dated in High School, and had a child together, who was given up for adoption. Years later, the two married and had two daughters, Polly and Betty. Alice currently owns the local newspaper, The Register, alongside her husband. She is also an editor for The Blue and Gold.
- Chic — Alice's son, is the firstborn child of Alice and Hal Cooper. His conception was unexpected, as Hal and Alice were only teenagers at the time. Hal originally wanted the baby aborted, but Alice, with the help of the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, put the baby up for adoption instead.
- Polly Cooper — Polly is the eldest daughter and second-born child of Hal and Alice Cooper and the mother-to-be of twins with the late Jason Blossom. Polly was in love with Jason and planned to run away with him. However, her parents found out and intervened, sending her to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, where they planned to have the babies adopted. Polly later escaped the Sisters, and after temporarily living at the Blossom house, she moved back to her family home where she now plans to raise her children.
- Betty Cooper — Betty is the last-born child of Alice and Hal Cooper. She currently attends Riverdale High, where she is a River Vixen and runs the school newspaper.
- Polly and Jason's Unborn Twins — The unborn twins of third cousins Jason Blossom and Polly Cooper. They were conceived sometime before July 4th, and their current due date is unknown.
- Rose Blossom — Rose is the mother of Cliff Blossom, and is distantly related to the Coopers. She is presumably the oldest living Blossom-Cooper and currently lives with her daughter-in-law Penelope Blossom. Cheryl claims that Rose has gypsy blood, and also, dementia.
- Cliff Blossom — Cliff was distantly related to the Coopers, via his great-grandfather, and was a member of the Blossom Family. He is the husband of Penelope Blossom and the father of Cheryl and Jason Blossom, as well as the previous owner of the Blossom Maple Farms. After it was revealed that Cliff was using his business as a front to smuggle drugs, and killed Jason to help cover it up, Cliff hung himself in the Blossom barn.
- Penelope Blossom — Penelope is an in-law to the Cooper family, as her former husband Cliff was distantly related to the Cooper's prior to his death. Penelope is the current owner of the Blossom Maple Farms, and the mother of the twins, Cheryl and Jason Blossom.
- Cheryl Blossom — Cheryl is the teen-aged daughter of Cliff and Penelope Blossom, and paternal twin of Jason Blossom. She is distantly related to the Coopers via her Great-Grandfather. She currently attends Riverdale High School, where she is the most popular girl at school. She also is the captain of the River Vixens.
- Jason Blossom — Jason was the teen-aged son of Cliff and Penelope Blossom, as well as the father of he and Polly's unborn children. Jason was born and raised in Riverdale, where he attended Riverdale High School alongside his sister and fiancee Polly Cooper. He was a member of the Riverdale Bulldogs until his death on July 11th. Jason and Polly Cooper were very in love, and when Polly told Jason about her pregnancy he was happy. They made big plans together. However, these plans drastically changed when Polly was sent to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy and Jason was murdered by his father, Cliff Blossom. He is currently buried in the Blossom Cemetery behind the Blossom house.
Family Tree Edit
|Unnamed Great-Uncle †|
- Note: Dashed lines indicate confirmed parentage out of wedlock or, inregards to Chic, unconfirmed father.
- Every known Cooper has blonde hair.