- "If you publish a story saying I fired that gun, my life will be ruined. I'll be banished from the Adventure Scouts, and charged with a misdemeanor. So, what if I have a better story? If I tell you what I know, promise me the gunshot stays between us."
- —Dilton to Betty and Jughead[src]
Dilton is a student at Riverdale High School and a leader of the local boy scout troop.
Dilton presumably grew up in Riverdale. However, there's nothing known on his home life, such as family, and he does not seem to have any friends. Dilton's biggest priority appears to boy scouts, Although, recent events have shown that DJing at least seems to be a hobby of his.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
Dilton was leading Riverdale's boy scout troop on a bird watching expedition throughout the woods located nearby Sweetwater River, when he came upon Cheryl Blossom on the river's edge, who muttered out "Jason" as the two of them make eye contact. He presumably contacted the local authorities immediately after. 
Dilton received an unexpected visit from Jughead Jones as he prepped the boy scouts for survival in the world. He was informed of the gunshot that both Cheryl Blossom and Archie Andrews claimed to have heard that morning at Sweetwater River. Dilton insisted that neither he nor his boy scouts heard anything unusual. He also denied seeing anything other than a couple species of bird, and Cheryl, sitting by the river's edge, soaking wet. He was later confronted by Jughead yet again, at the Taste of Riverdale. He fired the gun in the woods that morning, but lied about doing so, in order to protect himself. Jughead gave him two options, confess to Sheriff Keller or confess to him and Betty. Wisely, Dilton chose the latter. Hoping to salvage his reputation, Dilton offered Jughead and Betty Cooper another story, one he claimed to be better than his own. They agreed and he wasted little time revealing that he saw something up on the river that no one else did on July 4th: Ms. Grundy's car. 
Presumably at Chuck and Cheryl's request, Dilton DJ'd the party being held at Archie's house, which was initially suppose to be a small surprise party for Jughead. As the dancing came to an end, so did his DJing, once the party shifted it's directions towards something a little more devious, a game called "Secrets & Sins", and each of them would reveal their secrets. Dilton was one of the first to volunteer, in which he revealed to the entire party that he saw Ms. Grundy's car at Sweetwater River on the day that Jason disappeared, and that just two days after informing Jughead and Betty of this, Ms. Grundy quit her job and left town. He went on to remind everyone that Archie was also at the river that fateful day. 
Dilton is a lean young man of medium stature, who has pale skin, black hair and brown eyes. He's very skinny, but a hardcore survivalist at heart. Dilton is often seen wearing glasses, and his Riverdale boy scout troop uniform.
Being a hardcore survivalist, Dilton believes in doing whatever necessary in the course of standing his ground. With the direction Riverdale was headed in, he thought it best to teacher young children how to fire a gun, which he later lied about to both Sheriff Keller and Jughead Jones, making him both a liar and public menace. Dilton is also quite the opportunist, he held on to the information that he had of Geraldine Grundy being at Sweetwater River on July 4th, until revealing this served him best.
- "Chapter One: The River's Edge"
- "Chapter Three: Body Double"
- "Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend"
- Dilton Doiley and Reggie Mantle are currently the only two characters to be portrayed by two actors.
- See also: Category:Images of Dilton Doiley
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (January 26, 2017). "Chapter One: The River's Edge". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 1. The CW.
- ↑ Lawrence, Yolonda E. (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (February 9, 2017). "Chapter Three: Body Double". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 3. The CW.
- ↑ Lundin, Britta & Paterson, E. Brian (writers) & Wilkinson, Dawn (director) (April 13, 2017). "Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 10. The CW.