Hot Dog is a sheep dog belonging to the Southside Serpents. He made his first appearance in the thirteenth episode of the first season of Riverdale, and appears in the eighteenth episode as an initiation step for Jughead's entrance into the gang.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
Hot Dog was brought along by the Serpents when they visited Jughead Jones at his father's trailer at the Sunnyside Trailer Park. They came to offer him membership within the gang; an offer he accepted. Hot Dog originally barked and growled at Jughead when he answered the door, but after one of the Serpents told him to settle down, claiming that Jughead was family, he did so almost instantly and sat quietly while Jughead and the Serpents talked.
- Hot Dog was a frequent character in the comics, and was Jughead's dog and best friend.
- Hot Dog is portrayed by an Old English Sheepdog.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Hot Dog's appearance in the show is due to Cole Sprouse actively asking for the dog. 
- In a deleted scene from "Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend", the gift FP Jones brought to Jughead's 16th Birthday Party turned out to be a stuffed dog from Jughead's childhood, which he had named "Hot Dog".
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Robert (writer) & Toland Krieger, Lee (director) (May 11, 2017). "Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 13. The CW.
- ↑ Allen, Aaron (writer) & Pressman, Ellen (director) (November 8, 2017). "Chapter Eighteen: When a Stranger Calls". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 5. The CW.
- ↑ Riverdale Showrunner on That Shocking Finale Cliffhanger: 'It's Archie's Origin Story' — MTV
- ↑ RiverdaleSeason 1 Chapter 10 The Lost Week End - Deleted Scene