|“||Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody, serial-killer-fanboy freak. Like Jughead.||”|
|— Reggie about Jughead[src]|
The relationship between Reggie Mantle and Jughead Jones can easily be defined as a rivalry, as they have both shown to be disgusted by one another. This rivalry likely stems from Reggie's typical jock nature, to pick on outsiders and misfits.
Presumably, Jughead and Reggie had been adversaries long before the start of the series as their dislike of one another seems well ingrained.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
Jughead is seen talking with Archie in the school hallway, making a joke about using Jason Blossom's death as a way to get out of P.E., when Archie tells him to "knock it off" with the sardonic humor. In that moment, Jughead noticed Reggie and his friends walking towards Archie, and after rolling his eyes at the 'rich kids', walked away from the scene. As he was passing, Reggie intentionally bumped into him, saying "watch out, Wednesday Addams."
After Jason Blossom's body was found washed up at Sweetwater River by Kevin and Moose, Reggie was in the student lounge spouting off theories as to his killer when he directed his attention to Jughead Jones, who he referred to as a spooky, scrawny, pathetic, internet troll, aka the perfect suspect. Reggie asked him what it was like to kill Jason, and if he did anything to the body afterwards. Exasperated, Jughead reminded him that the correct term was necrophilia, and could he spell it? This offended Reggie and he leaped out of his seat towards Jughead, but Archie intervened, leading Reggie to wonder aloud if they had killed Jason together. Archie shoved Reggie, who shoved him back a lot harder and knocking Archie to the ground, Reggie then finishing him off with a single punch, all the while Jughead was held back and prevented from stopping him.
|“||Watch it, Wednesday Addams.||”|
|— Reggie bumps into Jughead[src]|
- Reggie: "What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like... After?"
- Jughead: "It's called necrophilia, Reggie.. Can you spell it?"
- ―Reggie accuses Jughead of Jason's murder[src]
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (January 26, 2017). "Chapter One: The River's Edge". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 1. The CW.
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (February 2, 2017). "Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 2. The CW.