- "I won't tell if you won't."
- —Kevin to Joaquin, after Joaquin found out he's Sheriff Keller's son[src]
Season 1 Edit
At closing night of the Twilight Drive-In, which Kevin attended with Cheryl and Veronica, members of the Southside Serpents gang began being loud and disruptive, bothering the three. Kevin turned around to tell them to keep the noise down, only to be distracted by one of the members eyeing him intensely.
Later, as Kevin went to get a popcorn refill, he bumped into the same guy who had followed him. The two eventually started making out behind the drive-in and the mysterious guy introduced himself as Joaquin. Kevin decided to give him his phone number, only for Joaquin to notice that his last name was Keller, as in the Sheriff's son. The two then promised each other that they'd keep what was between them a secret, as Joaquin was a gang member and wouldn't want Sheriff Keller to find that out.After Moose Mason was assaulted at Andrews Construction, Kevin asked Joaquin, who had become his boyfriend by that point, to get could himself, Archie Andrews and Moose into a bar called the Whyte Wyrm, a local hangout for the Southside Serpents, whom Archie believed to be behind the attack. Joaquin did so, but warned them to play it cool. While Moose looked around the bar to see if he recognised anyone, Kevin and Joaquin played a game of pool, wherein Joaquin teased Kevin about keeping the money he'd won from him on the game. Archie then confronted one the Serpents, Mustang, which led to FP Jones to eject them from the bar.
Later that night at the Sunnyside Trailer Park, FP tossed Joaquin a duffel bag containing Jason Blossom's varsity jacket, which was last seen in Jason's getaway car the night it had been set on fire. He told Joaquin to hide it in a safe place as it was their insurance in case everything went to hell. He then checked in on Joaquin's progress with Kevin, as they were going to need that inside line with Sheriff Keller. Apparently, their relationship was only a means to an end, however, Joaquin began to feel guilty as Kevin had developed genuine feelings for him. FP chuckled, and told him that they all had a part to play. 
Despite the fact that Jughead's 16th Birthday Party was supposed to be inner-circle only, Kevin invited Joaquin to the party, who he claimed was inner-circle because they were dating. During the party, unbeknownst to neither Kevin nor Veronica, Joaquin eavesdropped on their private conversation pertaining to her father's trial and his potential involvement in Jason Blossom's Death. Shortly afterwards, he small and quiet event quickly escalated into a full blown house party as the party was crashed by Cheryl Blossom and Chuck Clayton, along with many of their classmates.Joaquin and Kevin did not allow this to put an end to their good time, and proceeded to make out in the kitchen, until they were interrupted by FP, who asked Joaquin to show him to the bathroom, which was merely an excuse for them to talk privately and Joaquin informed FP of what he had overheard earlier. He was then ordered to find out what the Sheriff knew, through Kevin. Downstairs, Joaquin and a riveted Kevin watched as a devious gamed of "Secrets & Sins", took place, however, the game quickly turned violent between Jughead and Chuck Clayton, which resulted in FP bringing an end to the party.
- Joaquin: "Pay up."
- Kevin: "I'm going to get this back, right?"
- Joaquin: "You wish, preppy."
- ―Kevin and Joaquin play pool, Kevin loses.[src]
- Kevin: "Do you ever go down to Sweetwater River?"
- Joaquin: "For what? Fooling around?"
- Kevin: " [nods] "
- Joaquin: "Do you?"
- Kevin: " [smiles] I've been once or twice."
- ―Kevin and Joaquin at Jughead's party[src]
- ↑ Grassi, Michael (writer) & Piznarski, Mark (director) (February 16, 2017). "Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 4. The CW.
- ↑ Cohen, Julia (writer) & Katzenberg, David (director) (March 30, 2017). "Chapter Eight: The Outsiders". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 8. The CW.
- ↑ Lundin, Britta & Paterson, E. Brian (writers) & Wilkinson, Dawn (director) (April 13, 2017). "Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 10. The CW.