|“||Enough! Both of you! This is why Jason is dead. Because of this pointless, stupid fighting. We were supposed to be together, and you didn't let us have that, either of you. And you know what, it cost Jason his life.||”|
|— Polly to Penelope and Alice on their relationship.[src]|
They are now both soon-to-be grandmothers as Alice's daughter Polly is pregnant with Penelope's late son Jason's twin children. However, they still despise one another and are often fighting. At times during their arguments with one another sometimes gets physical as Penelope slapped Alice across the face once during their fight.
Penelope and Alice were both students at Riverdale High School together. Throughout their High School years, they were at each other's throats.
Prior to Season 1 starting, Penelope's son and Alice's daughter fell in love. However, both parents forbade it and were against the relationship from the start.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
During Polly Cooper's Baby Shower the two Penelope and Alice were unable to put their hate for one another aside long enough to celebrate Polly, and the growing life of her children, which led to a near altercation, resulting in Polly's outburst in which she pointed out the reason why her and Jason were suppose to leave town together was due to the two families constantly fighting. This of course cost Jason his life, as Polly pointed out to them right before she left the room.
- Alice: "Do you think that you can just waltz in here with a bed-bug infested trojan horse, wave a blank check around and steal my daughter?"
- Penelope: "I didn't think you wanted her. Else, why would she have been exiled like some pariah?"
- Alice: "To keep her away from your family!"
- Penelope: "Oh, and not because you're ashamed? Why is your own daughter not living with you?"
- Alice: "She is not going to step foot in that twisted poisonous house of yours."
- Penelope: "She'd do a lot better there than with you."
- Alice: "How dare you!"
- ―Penelope and Alice arguing at Polly's baby shower.[src]