- "Enough! Both of you! This is why Jason is dead. Because of this pointless, stupid fighting. We were supposed to be together, and you didn't let us have that, either of you. And you know what, it cost Jason his life."
- —Polly to Penelope and Alice on their relationship.[src]
Penelope and Alice were both students at Riverdale High School together. Throughout their High School years, they were at each other's throats.
Prior to Season 1 starting, Penelope's son and Alice's daughter fell in love. However, both parents forbade it and were against the relationship from the start.
Penelope and Alice are enemies due to what Jason did to Polly.
- Alice: "Do you think that you can just waltz in here with a bed-bug infested trojan horse, wave a blank check around and steal my daughter?"
- Penelope: "I didn't think you wanted her. Else, why would she have been exiled like some pariah?"
- Alice: "To keep her away from your family!"
- Penelope: "Oh, and not because you're ashamed? Why is your own daughter not living with you?"
- Alice: "She is not going to step foot in that twisted poisonous house of yours."
- Penelope: "She'd do a lot better there than with you."
- Alice: "How dare you!"
- ―Penelope and Alice arguing at Polly's baby shower.[src]