Pop is the owner of Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe.
Very little is known of Pop's early life, therefore, an accurate description of his life leading up to the start of the series is currently unavailable. However, he has spent many years in Riverdale, as Hermione Lodge, who had left town at least fifteen years ago, was fairly familiar with his delicious cheeseburgers.
Pop Tate was taking orders at the shoppe, as he would any other night. Veronica Lodge then entered the diner, informing him off the order she had earlier called in, under the name Lodge. Two burgers was the order, they're almost ready but she has to wait, he said.
The following night, Archie Andrews enters the diner, he asked Pop if Betty Cooper had been there, to which he replied "Nope. Just the night hawks in tonight". In reference to Jughead Jones, who was sitting alone in one of the booths. 
Like he would any other night, Pop Tate was taking orders at the diner and serving customers. He did this as Betty Cooper and Chuck Clayton discussed plans that would take place later on. Pop Tate later worked catering for the Taste of Riverdale. 
As usual, Pop's worked at the shoppe that night, he came by the booth which housed Archie, Fred, Jughead, and FP to collect the bill, Fred offered to pay, but FP insisted that it was his treat, as he called Pop's back over to cover the bill. 
No different from any other day, Pop took orders and served customers at the shoppe as his usual patrons, Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica discussed going to the south side of town to find the serpents that had previously attacked Moose Mason at Andrews Construction. 
Pop is an older man, who's on the heavier side, with dark skin, dark brown eyes and grey hair. He has only ever been seen in his standard issue Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe uniform. His choice in clothing outside of work has yet to be revealed.
- "Chapter One: The River's Edge"
- "Chapter Three: Body Double"
- "Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place"
- "Chapter Eight: The Outsiders"
- See also: Category:Images of Pop Tate
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (January 26, 2017). "Chapter One: The River's Edge". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 1. The CW.
- ↑ Lawrence, Yolonda E. (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (February 9, 2017). "Chapter Three: Body Double". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 3. The CW.
- ↑ Allen, Aaron (writer) & Anders, Allison (director) (March 9, 2017). "Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 7. The CW.
- ↑ Cohen, Julia (writer) & Katzenberg, David (director) (March 30, 2017). "Chapter Eight: The Outsiders". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 8. The CW.