Pop is the owner of Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe.
Very little is known of Pop's early life, therefore, an accurate description of his life leading up to the start of the series is currently unavailable. However, he has spent many years in Riverdale, as Hermione Lodge, who had left town at least fifteen years ago, was fairly familiar with his delicious cheeseburgers.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
Pop Tate was taking orders at the shoppe, as he would any other night. Veronica Lodge then entered the diner, informing him off the order she had earlier called in, under the name Lodge. Two burgers was the order, they're almost ready but she has to wait, he said.
The following night, Archie Andrews enters the diner, he asked Pop if Betty Cooper had been there, to which he replied "Nope. Just the night hawks in tonight". In reference to Jughead Jones, who was sitting alone in one of the booths. 
Like he would any other night, Pop Tate was taking orders at the diner and serving customers. He did this as Betty Cooper and Chuck Clayton discussed plans that would take place later on. Pop Tate later worked catering for the Taste of Riverdale. 
As usual, Pop's worked at the shoppe that night, he came by the booth which housed Archie, Fred, Jughead, and FP to collect the bill, Fred offered to pay, but FP insisted that it was his treat, as he called Pop's back over to cover the bill. 
No different from any other day, Pop took orders and served customers at the shoppe as his usual patrons, Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica discussed going to the south side of town to find the serpents that had previously attacked Moose Mason at Andrews Construction. 
During service at the shoppe, Pop was approached by Betty, who asked if Jughead had been by, to which Pop responded that he hadn't. But he did inform Betty that Archie and Veronica had earlier came by the shoppe with that very same question. 
"Here you go, Juggy", Pop said to Jughead as he proceeded to write his manuscript of Jason Blossom's death. A couple days later, after taking Fred Andrews's order, a masked gunman entered the shoppe, jumped on the counter, and put a gun to Pop's head. However, it wasn't Pop's who'd suffer from a fatal gun shot wounded. The gunman turned his attention towards the Andrews, then pulling the trigger, and shooting Fred in the abdomen. As the shooter ran out the shop, Fred laid on the ground bleeding as Pop's called for help.
Pop is an older man, who's on the heavier side, with dark skin, dark brown eyes and grey hair. He has only ever been seen in his standard issue Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe uniform. His choice in clothing outside of work has yet to be revealed.
- "Chapter One: The River's Edge"
- "Chapter Three: Body Double"
- "Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place"
- "Chapter Eight: The Outsiders"
- "Chapter Eleven: To Riverdale and Back Again"
- "Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter"
- See also: Category:Images of Pop Tate
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (January 26, 2017). "Chapter One: The River's Edge". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 1. The CW.
- ↑ Lawrence, Yolonda E. (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (February 9, 2017). "Chapter Three: Body Double". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 3. The CW.
- ↑ Allen, Aaron (writer) & Anders, Allison (director) (March 9, 2017). "Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 7. The CW.
- ↑ Cohen, Julia (writer) & Katzenberg, David (director) (March 30, 2017). "Chapter Eight: The Outsiders". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 8. The CW.
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Robert (writer) & Sullivan, Kevin (director) (April 27, 2017). "Chapter Eleven: To Riverdale and Back Again". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 11. The CW.
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Robert (writer) & Toland Krieger, Lee (director) (May 11, 2017). "Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 13. The CW.