The content on this page is derived from upcoming media. Information may be inaccurate and subject to change.
Sabrina is an empowered young woman, half-human, half-witch, struggling to reconcile her dual natures. She is just beginning her dark education as a sorceress, even as she tries to maintain some semblance of a normal life as a sophomore at Baxter High. Sabrina’s intelligent, compassionate, and brave to the point of recklessness. She challenges witch-doctrine at every turn. She is fiercely loyal to her family and friends; wickedly funny; and in the middle of a star-crossed romance with her classmate Harvey Kinkle. Sabrina is all that stands between us and the Forces of Darkness that threaten our world.
Throughout the Series
Powers and Abilities
- She is based on the main-character of the same name from the Sabrina the Teenage Witch-series, which is published by the same company as the Archie comics.
- Even though several cast and crew members previously stated that Sabrina will make her debut in the season one finale, in her recent interview with AfterBuzz TV, Marisol Nichols denied those rumors and instead said that if Sabrina is going to be introduced, it will be 'seasons down the line'.
- Initially, Sabrina was said to be an upcoming character that was set to appear at some point in the future on Riverdale. However, whether or not this remains to be true is unknown due to the recent straight-to-series, 2 season, 20 episode order of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina from Netflix.
- In Archie Comics, Sabrina Spellman is one of the most famous and beloved characters.
- Sabrina Spellman is firstly introduced in Archie's Mad House #22, in October 1962.
- She received so much appreciation from Archie's readers that she earned her own series, titled Sabrina the Teenage Witch, published since 1971, with numerous relaunches over the years.
- In 2015, New Riverdale rebooted the entire original Archie lineup. Sabrina debuted in Jughead #9.
- She later appeared in the Afterlife with Archie series, with Lovecraftian tones.
- Due to the success of the series, Archie Comics produced Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, a horror retelling set in the 60s, featuring a much darker and sinister version of Sabrina.
- In the 1971 animated series produced by Filmation, Sabrina was created by a potion brewed by witches Hilda and Zelda. This character also appeared in the sister animated series, The Archie Show.
- In 2012, Hub Network produced a 3D-animated series,Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch.
- Sabrina Spellman is best known to younger generations thanks to Melissa Joan Hart portraying her in the 90s sitcom, loosely based on the characters from Archie Comics. In fact, the sitcom has much more in common with the 60s sitcom Bewitched.
- The sitcom was launched by a 1996 made-for-TV movie, where Sabrina lives in the town of Riverdale and her surname has been changed to Sawyer.
- Melissa Joan Hart resumed her role as Sabrina Spellman in two other made-for-TV movies, titled Sabrina Goes to Rome (1998) and Sabrina Down Under (1999).
- In 1999, a spin-off titled Sabrina: The Animated Series was produced by DIC Entertainment, where Melissa Joan Hart voiced Hilda and Zelda.
- Along with Archie and Josie and the Pussycats, Sabrina is the character with more TV adaptations.
- See also: Category:Images of Sabrina Spellman