Sisters of Quiet Mercy is a home for troubled youths, where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respect. All while enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude.
During Prohibition, the Sisters ran a distillery in the basement and used to smuggle booze out to Sweetwater River via a tunnel running under the facility. The tunnel was also used by gay boys admitted to the facility's program to sneak out and to hook-up with other young men in Fox Forest. 
During her high school years, Alice Cooper admitted herself to the facility in order to quietly give birth to her baby boy who was later given up for adoption.  Years later, when Alice's eldest daughter, Polly, became pregnant, she sent her to the home to give her baby up as well. However, Polly had no intention of doing so and ran away a few months later. 
As of 2018, the Sisters of Quiet Mercy is one of the few places in the country that still does conversion therapy, although out of the books due to it being illegal in various jurisdictions. For this reason, Cheryl Blossom was admitted into the group-home by her mother, Penelope, who claimed that Cheryl started exhibiting strange, deviant behavior and was mentally ill.  However, Toni and Veronica, aided by Kevin, sneaked inside the facility and helped her escape through the "gay hook-up tunnel." 
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps
- Filming of the institute took place at a real mental hospital in Canada called Riverside.
- The exterior of the hospital was also used as the facade of another mental institution on the Lifetime TV series, Witches of East End, in which Mädchen Amick also starred.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Lundin, Britta & Paterson, E. Brian (writers) & Ostrander, Alexis (director) (March 28, 2018). "Chapter Thirty: The Noose Tightens". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 17. The CW.
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Robert (writer) & Toland Krieger, Lee (director) (May 11, 2017). "Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 13. The CW.
- ↑ Williams, Tessa Leigh & Zwart, Nicholas (writers) & Adelson, Steve A. (director) (March 2, 2017). "Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 6. The CW.
- ↑ DeWille, James (writer) & Shilati, Sherwin (director) (March 21, 2018). "Chapter Twenty-Nine: Primary Colors". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 16. The CW.