Sisters of Quiet Mercy is a home for troubled youths, where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respect. All while enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude.
During her high school years, Alice Cooper admitted herself to the facility in order to quietly give birth to her baby boy who was later given up for adoption. Years later, when Alice's eldest daughter, Polly, became pregnant, she sent her to the home to give her baby up as well. However, Polly had no intention of doing so, and ran away a few months later.
- Several Nuns
- "Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!"
- "Chapter Eight: The Outsiders" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter" (mentioned)
- Filming of the institute took place at a real mental hospital in Canada called Riverside.
- The exterior of the hospital was also used as the facade of another mental institution on the Lifetime TV series, Witches of East End, in which Mädchen Amick also starred.