Susie Putnam, one of Sabrina’s friends at Baxter High and a founding member of the school’s newly formed WICCA club. Brave and optimistic despite being bullied at school, Susie lives on a farm at the outskirts of town and deals with a terrifying supernatural threat at home.
Susie was born biologically as a girl in Greendale, but identified as non-binary from a young age. They were raised by an single father as it's unknown of what happened to Susie's mother. However, through most of Susie's adolescences, she and father have been caretakers to Jesse Putnam who apparently snapped one day after an shift in the mines. Despite being friends with Harvey, Susie wasn't allow to tell him about Jesse since his father owns the mines and Susie's father knew that his father would denied any apparent wrong doing. Susie then started attending Baxter High and found a good group of friends sticking by them. Despite their friends, they have endured bullying by members of the football team.
Throughout Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Susie is petite, standing at 5'1 and has bluish-gray eyes. Even as a young child, Susie's haircut has been the one constant throughout their lifetime.
Susie is a young student at Baxter High and one of Sabrina, Roz and Harvey's best friend. Independent and courageous, Susie is on a journey to discovery an identity that can better define emotions, sensations and desires that characterize them, defying the binary gender norms of male and female. Susie's journey, however, is not at all easy and some more than others are willing to make it even more difficult. While Sabrina struggle with her witch nature, Susie is going through hell at school where football players are constantly harassing them for not fitting a specific idea of gender roles. For example, they lifted Susie's jumper to see if they had breast or not. Physical and verbal abuse are part of Susie's daily life despite Sabrina and Rosalind's attempts to make things easier and Principal Hawthorne turning a blind eye. Susie is also facing a distressing situation at home where uncle Jesse, who always struggled with his own gender identity , became horribly ill after witnessing something at the Greendale Mines and Susie's father decided to send him to a mental asylum that triggered painful emotions in Susie. Although Susie is a human, supernatural events didn't cause much of a shock. Indeed, conversations with Nana Ruth but especially with their ancestor, Dorothea Putnam seems to have helped Susie discover new sides of their personal identity.
Powers and Abilities
- Limited Mediumship: After going through their ancestor Dorothea Putnams's personal belongings, Susie is able to see the ghost of Dorothea and is able to communicate with her.
- Susie, like Lachlan Watson, identifies as non-binary and uses they/them and she/her pronouns. 
- Lachlan Watson influenced Susie's "queer journey". In the original script, Susie identified as a transgender man and came out in the first few episodes. After conversations between Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Lachlan, writers decided to develop the character's journey to a slower pace. 
- In the course of the series, Susie has been bullied and misgendered (using a word that doesn't correctly reflect the gender with which they identify) either intentionally and unintentionally by several characters such as Principal Hawthorne and some Baxter High Ravens.
- Despite Susie's best friends use feminine pronouns, Susie seemed delighted when Nana Ruth and Dorothea used masculine pronouns instead, taking their comments as compliments.
- Fans of the animated series have found Susie comparable to Perry "Pi" McDonald since both characters are androgynous.
- See also: Category:Images of Susie Putnam
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps
- ↑ 25 Things You Need To Know About The New "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" Series - BuzzFeed
- ↑ Conkel, Joshua & Kaufman, MJ (writers) & Talalay, Rachel (director) (October 26, 2018). "Chapter Six: An Exorcism in Greendale". Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Season 1. Episode 6. Netflix.
- ↑ Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Lachlan Watson and Chance Perdomo on their characters' gender and sexuality
- ↑ Susie's Journey On 'The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina' Is An Honest Look At Being Non-Binary & That's Exactly What Lachlan Watson Wanted