The CW Network (most commonly referred to as The CW) is a television network in the United States and the home channel of Riverdale. The CW was also developing a one-hour drama series based on the notable Archie Comics character, Sabrina Spellman, titled Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. However, it has since been picked up by Netflix for a straight-to-series 2 season order. Though the CW channel is the home for Riverdale, Netflix has also advertised the show as an original Netflix series.
The CW is America's fifth broadcast network, offering primetime programming aimed mostly at the young-adult audience segment. On top of traditional TV viewership, it offers streaming through the network's website, Hulu and or Netflix.
- The name, "CW", derives from the first letters of the names of its two parent owners (CBS and Warner Bros.)
- CBS Corporation and Time Warner each own 50% of the network.
- Appointed in 2011, the current president is Mark Pedowitz.
- "Dare to Defy" is the CW Slogan (2015-present).
- FOX was initially set to be the home channel for Riverdale, however, when they passed on the opportunity, it was ordered to series by The CW.
- ↑ Archie Comics Drama ‘Riverdale’ Moved To CW With Greg Berlanti Producing – Comic Con - Deadline
- ↑ 'Riverdale' Off-Shoot 'Sabrina' Moves to Netflix With 2-Season Order
- ↑ Netflix UK Acquires The CW’s ‘Riverdale’, Freeform’s ‘Beyond’ & Polyamorous Comedy ‘You Me Her’
- ↑ Archie Comics TV Show: Everything We Know About the Riverdale Series (Including a Virgin Suicides Plotline?!) - TVInsider