The title of this page is conjectural due to lack of an official name, and as a result, it is subject to change in the case that an official title is announced to replace the initial title (i.e. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina).
| UPCOMING CONTENT!|
The content on this page is derived from upcoming media. Information may be inaccurate and subject to change.
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was initally a developing television series on The CW, based on the teenage witch, and notable Archie Comics character, Sabrina Spellman. The series is set to be a spin-off of the CW's Riverdale, a series based in the same universe, that centers around a group of teenagers (Archie Andrews, Jughead Jones, Betty Cooper, and Veronica Lodge) living in a town of the same name. On September 20, 2017, the network announced that the spin-off series is in development, with it being eyed as a companion series to Riverdale for the 2018-19 season.
Despite initial reports that the series was undergoing development at the CW, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has received a 2-season order at Netflix. The streaming giant has granted the now-unnamed project a sizable two-season, 20-episode, straight-to-series order. It will consist of two, 10-episode seasons that will shoot back-to-back with the first batch filming from February to June and second from June to October. While the writers' room opened on December 4th, a premiere date has yet to be released. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will act as executive producer alongside Riverdale collaborators Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Archie Comics CEO Jon Goldwater. Lee Toland Krieger will direct. The drama hails from Warner Bros. Television-based Berlanti Productions.
While the Sabrina spinoff was originally developed at The CW, a co-venture between Warner Bros. and CBS, the network showed greater interest on another witchy drama in the pipeline: the "Charmed" reboot that is currently under redevelopment.
"The move to Netflix is widely considered a win within the halls of Warner Bros., as the platform switch — which was discussed first with The CW's board along with execs from both of its parent studios — allows Warners to retain 100% ownership of the series from WB-based producer Greg Berlanti. Had the Sabrina project remained at The CW, Warner Bros. would have had to share ownership — and, more importantly, profits — with corporate cousin CBS, as part of The CW's business model. (Riverdale is a co-production between the two.)"
Warner Bros. is seeking to gain full control of 100% of their shows, and that is said to drive a lot of their decision-making. Other Riverdale spinoffs could still land at The CW, as the Sabrina spinoff is merely one of many potential projects being eyed by Riverdale showrunner and Archie Comics chief creative officer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa.
"The hourlong drama reimagines the story of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age tale that traffics in horror, the occult and witchcraft, naturally. The new iteration is described as in the vein of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist and finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while fighting the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit."
To Be Added
- Unknown as Sabrina Spellman
- Unknown as Harvey Kinkle
- Unknown as Hilda Spellman
- Unknown as Zelda Spellman
- Casting began for the developing series on September 27, 2017.
- News on the spin-off series being ordered to pilot was released on October 12, 2017. It is currently set to be shot in in Vancouver during Spring of 2018. However, there's still no news on whether it will be a separate pilot or a backdoor pilot on an episode of Riverdale.
- Netflix announced that the unnamed series had received a straight-to-series, two season order on December 1, 2017.
- The writers' room opened on December 4, 2017.
- Filming for the untitled project begins on February 19, 2018 and is scheduled to end in October. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Greg Berlanti are readying the project, which is in development
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 'Riverdale' Off-Shoot 'Sabrina' Moves to Netflix With 2-Season Order
- ↑ Why 'Sabrina' Bailed on 'Riverdale' to Launch on Netflix - The Hollywood Reporter
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 New 'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' Audition Tapes Hint at Aunt Hilda's Role - Comic Book
- ↑ Twitter Confirmation - DavidRapaportCasting (@RapaportCasting) - Twitter
- ↑ The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Riverdale Spin-off Gets Pilot Order from CW? - SpoilerTV
- ↑ Production Dates-Various Shows